[mythtv-users] liveTV using 100% CPU

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 8 21:01:09 UTC 2006

Hmm....

I'm running 0.18.1 on a Gentoo system, and compiling outside the
"portage" system usually leads to trouble. I'm not sure what "USE"
flag indicated the use of vsync, "nVidia" probably did it.

I'm not sure which is going to be more of a pain, re-compiling MythTV
or getting an older version of nVidia's drivers to work, seems the
kernel API has changed and broken older video drivers.

I do not understand all this mucking around with a "production"
kernel. These guys who insist it must be "up to date" are the same
ones who keep checking for the fdiv bug, even on Xeon and Opteron
CPUs :-)