[mythtv-users] X refuses to run on PVR-350 out

G S spitfirer24 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 13:58:01 UTC 2006

Turns out I accidently pasted in an extra line into my modprobe.conf and that was confusing X.

G S <spitfirer24 at yahoo.com> wrote: Back in late November I set up my MythTV box following Jarod's Fedora guide. For christmas I recieved a hard drive and decided to install it in my MythTV box. I hadn't had a LVM partition set up and I wanted to RAID the drives for backup purposes so to make a long story short, I reformatted the machine. I reinstalled Fedora and attempted to get mythtv up and running again. I followed the guide as I had in November with my PVR 350. Running yum upgrade which installed the latest kernel and continuing on.

I noticed that there wasn't a kernel module for the latest kernel with ivtv when I went to install that with yum. The next ivtv package I installed downgraded the kernel and I continued following the guide after a reboot (figuring I better reboot after a kernel downgrade). I eventually got to the point in the guide where I put in my xorg.conf and hit ctrl-alt-backspace to restart x. It restarted successfully and I setup mythtv.

So everything appeared  to be working. I go to reboot the machine, however, and I find that X won't start afterwards unless I use my PC monitor. It worked before the reboot, but not after. So I'm now clueless as to what happened. The only things I can think of causing the problem are the downgraded kernel or possibly X being updated after I rebooted.

Any ideas?