[mythtv-users] DVB wide/square switching

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 8 02:54:29 UTC 2006

Jens Baumeister wrote:

>On 1/7/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>

>>Jens Baumeister wrote:
>>
>>>Not sure if it'll help, but did you try putting this command in your ,xinitrc:
>>>
>>>xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 0
>>>
>>>It might get rid of the blue.
>>>
>>Use 1 or 10 or anything close to but not equal to 0, though.
>>
>Why not 0? It seems to work for me - are there any repercussions I
>don't know about?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/164666#164666

Probably won't make much difference on a Myth box, but since most people
find "the" solution and use it on all computers, using something that
works on the Myth box /and/ on desktops is a better solution.  However,
if you use the GUI menus in xine or MPlayer (not DVD menus, but the
media player's menus), you will probably notice a difference...

Mike