[mythtv-users] X.org modeline for Samsung HLR5067W?

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 01:00:26 UTC 2006

I've done a bit of searching, but can't seem to find a definitive
answer to the question, "what is the correct xorg modeline to use
for the Samsung HLR5067W HDTV?"

This is about the best I've found thus far:

Modeline "1280x720" 79.159 1280 1424 1552 1760 720 723 730 750

But it's still overscanned along the bottom edge, a bit too short
and a bit too narrow (actually, it's probably the perfect height,
but the TV adjustments won't let me move the picture up any more, so
there's black along the top and it's cutoff on the bottom).

I'm under the assumption that this modeline should also work for the
whole HLRxx67W series of Samsung HDTVs (which includes HLR4667W,
HLR5067W, HLR5667W, HLR6167W).

Anyone have the silver bullet?

Thanks,
Matt