[mythtv-users] **NEW INFO** HD3000 DVB Recordings - Consistently Freezes on Playback

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 00:09:01 UTC 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 17:18, Michael Haan wrote:
> On 1/7/06, Michael Haan <michael.haan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > HD3000

> > > associated

> > > don't

> > > it.

> > > has

> > > something

> > > I've noticed this lately too with a couple recordings I've made
> > > recently, I
> > > think its due more to bad data being written since adding my 3rd tuner
> > > has
> > > overloaded my single drive being used for my recordings.
> > > You say firewire seems to record ok, have you tried doing a manual
> > > record with
> > > the dvb-tools apps to see if its Myth or something else?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Steve
> >
> > Not for an extended time.  I'll give that a try.  Also, the other night I
> > recorded two shows using both my hd3000 and my pvr-250.  Both 3000
> > recordings froze, but the 250's were fine.
>
> So, I did a test capture tuning with azap and then played it back using
> mplayer.  Sure enough, same problem.  I did this three times and each time
> is "froze" in the same place.  Looking at the logs, I see a ton of "a52:
> CRC check failed!" but it finally hiccups when this message appears:
>
> alsa-space: xrun of at least 0.119 msecs. resetting stream
>
> Followed by:
>
> Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?4 0
> For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
>
> And finally:
>
> alsa-uninit: pcm closed
>
> I tried using the -ni option and get all the sames messages, except the one
> about using the -ni option.  Finally, I tried watching until just before
> the hiccup and then skipping forward.  As before, this avoided the *freeze*
> however, unlike with myth where this would result in video with no sound,
> mplayer had both video and sound.
>
> Does that help to track this down?

sadly, no, its just an mplayer bug in how it handles AC3 streams along side
really large video streams (ie HDTV....), I just did a CVS build as I've
heard it may be fixed in CVS, haven't checked it yet though...

Try using Xine or VLC, which from what I understand should both play back the
file properly.

Now, when you say they freeze in the same spot, what exactly do you mean? The
same spot from capture to capture or in the same spot in each capture
consistently?

--
Steve