[mythtv-users] DVI 1080i via ATI Radeon DVI? pink bar issue?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 00:02:44 UTC 2006

I'm looking at possibly getting a new AGP video card for my mythbox. I want to
output 1080i DVI to my TV and since the nvidia drivers currently don't allow
that I'm thinking of going to an ATI Radeon card. I don't use XvMC as from
what I read it doesn't sound like its worth the hassle, I'd just as soon buy
a faster processor.

What I'm worried about is the pink bar issue, which I notice on my laptop's
ATI X200 running at 1280x768 when I try and playback HDTV. I was wondering if
this anyone knows if this is a driver issue, if theres specific versions of
the Radeon that don't have this issue, etc?

I currently run Debian64 kernel=2.6.13 with Xorg 6.9.0(via Debian Back Ports)
on my Mythbox.

Thanks!
--
Steve