[mythtv-users] MX4000 Dual X Servers - Config Help please :-)

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 7 22:51:33 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad Fuller" <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MX4000 Dual X Servers - Config Help please :-)

> Steve Daniels wrote:
>
>> Replying to my first post... how embarrassing!
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Daniels"
>> <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com>

Hmm, I'm not sure that'll work, justs looks like a standard dual screen
config to me.
Thanks for the input Brad - but I want the displays to be entirely seperate
like a multi-seat system. Otherwise if I'm surfing the web on the vga
screen, when someone try's to use the remote to change the channel or
something on the frontend on the s-vid their keypresses will come through to
the web browser because it has focus, and not to mythfrontend :-(

I'm giving up on this, slinging this box in the loft as a dedicated server
and not going to try running a desktop off of it as well as a full time
mythfrontend.

I just wish winmyth/dsmyth would work with .18.1-fixes the only time I've
had dsmyth working and i've been able to play files by clicking on the in
mythweb was when the BE was a knoppmyth box.

I'll leave that to another post perhaps!

Thanks for your time

Steve