[mythtv-users] Problems with Mounting DVDs

Mark Rissberger mrissbe1 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jan 7 22:07:17 UTC 2006

Hello all.  Recently I lost the use of my regular DVD player and was
forced to attempt to use the DVD drive in my Myth Box.  Unfortunately,
I've come across what I believe is a rather strange problem.  I followed
Jarods HowTo and removed KDE's Autorun.desktop and changed /etc/fstab to
    /dev/hdc      /media/cdrom      iso9660,udf
pamconsole,exec,noauto,user 0 0

The problem is that only a handful of my DVDs will mount and play in
Myth properly.  Actually, it seems that only the single layer DVD's
(those that are 'Flippers') will play.  Any others that I have tried
will just spin and spin and spin to their hearts content in the drive to
no avail.  Has anyone else seen this or have an suggestions?  I'd
appreciate it.  I just got the latest Simpsons DVD set and would really
like to start watching them.

Thanks in advance,
   Mark