[mythtv-users] HD-3000, FC4, PVR-250/500

Chris Lynch lynchseattle at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 19:22:30 UTC 2006

On 1/7/06, Chris Lynch <lynchseattle at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/7/06, Dylan R. Semler <dsemler at macalester.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > I removed the extra lins from my modprobe and am trying to slim down
> > > what's still going wrong.
> > >
> > > Hrm I keep feeling I'm pretty close, but then seem to uncover
> > > something else.  Has anyone been able to compile linuxtv-dvb-apps
> > > under FC4 or know of an RPM source?  I can't run azap or anything yet
> > > as I can't get it installed since GCC4 seems to have a problem wit the
> > > sources.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Chris
> > >

> > I found that the dvb-apps cvs worked much better for me than the stuff
> > packaged on the HD-3000 website.  Try it from cvs:
> >
> > cvs -z3 -d ':pserver:anonymous at cvs.linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv' co -P
> > dvb-apps
> >
> > Also, if it helps, this thred got things going for me:
> > http://www.pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1128
> >

> Great!  Thanks for the tip! Just got it compiled and am going to try out
> azap.

Thanks to everyone so far - so here's where I am:
- I have gotten tzap to pick up a station
- I have successfully done a cat from /dev/dvb/... while using tzap and have
played it back in mplayer.  Yay! At least I know the card works now!  Huge
relief...

The last step seems to be getting Myth to bring up an HD station.  When I do
it goes to a black screen and bombs back to the menu.  I'm wondering if this
is a default station problem perhaps?  I'm not sure what notation I should
use for setting a default... ie. 25 or 25_1 for example.

So close - any ideas?