[mythtv-users] Re: Lost Sound on PVR-350

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jan 7 17:40:30 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 08:22:37AM -0800, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 07:36:49AM -0800, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> >
> >>Well, the weird thing is that I returned to my previously working
> >>2.6.13.2 kernel and ivtv 0.4.0 and *still* do not have sound.
> >>
> >>I tried, after a suggestion from Axel Thimm, installing the i386 RPMs on
> >>my x86_64 system but that causes an "Unable to Initialize Video" message
> >>and a whole slew of errors in the logs.
> >

> >That suggestion was for mythtv rpms only, not kernel and/or ivtv.
>
> Sorry, wasn't clear. Yes, I am working only with your mythtv RPMs.
> Kernel, ivtv and lirc are all compiled from source. ivtv was recompiled
> as I moved between versions and kernels.

That's an important detail :)

Can you try to coinstall the rpm based bits and see whether that
works? Then start changing the parts one by one, e.g. make sure you
can build the desired ivtv driver on that kernel first, and then for
your custom kernel.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net