[mythtv-users] Re: Lost Sound on PVR-350

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sat Jan 7 16:22:37 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 07:36:49AM -0800, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>
>>Well, the weird thing is that I returned to my previously working
>>2.6.13.2 kernel and ivtv 0.4.0 and *still* do not have sound.
>>
>>I tried, after a suggestion from Axel Thimm, installing the i386 RPMs on
>>my x86_64 system but that causes an "Unable to Initialize Video" message
>>and a whole slew of errors in the logs.
>

> That suggestion was for mythtv rpms only, not kernel and/or ivtv.

Sorry, wasn't clear. Yes, I am working only with your mythtv RPMs.
Kernel, ivtv and lirc are all compiled from source. ivtv was recompiled
as I moved between versions and kernels.

I was thinking that I should delete and re-add the tuners in mythtv-setup.

>>At this point I'm dead in the water as far a TV goes. I can still listen
>>to music, watch DVDs, view pictures. But the TV tuners are off line.
>>
>>I have no idea what to do next.
>

> Veryfy that the tuners are working outside of mythtv, e.g. by just
> pointing mplayer to them. If you get video/sound, then you know that
> it's a mythtv issue (not likely). Otherwise you need to use the proper
> kernel, kmdl and firmware combination, and I'd take this issue to the
> ivtv lists and solve this there.

xine called through mythdvd is working fine. Does that count? Also,
mythmusic is working fine.

Kirk