[mythtv-users] Multiple card issue? DVB and PVR

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:19:39 UTC 2006

I'm using a DVB-S in a FE and 2 PVR250's in a BE but am unable to view any
channels on the PVR250's.

I have a couple of questions.

1) How does Myth know what card to use when selecting a channel since I
don't see a 'cardid' field in the 'channel' table ?

2) Does either particular card need to be installed first in mythtv-setup?
Is there some kind of pecking order?

3) I have different video sources for the DVB and cable but when I look
through the channel listing in mythtv-setup the dvb channels have merged in
with the cable channels?

Thanks for any light you guy's can shed...