[mythtv-users] MX4000 Dual X Servers - Config Help please :-)

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 7 09:52:05 UTC 2006

Hello List,

This is my first post, but been reading for months now.

I have a Nvidia MX 4000 with 1 * vga and 1 * S-Video. Now I can set these up
pretty easily as an extended desktop, but what I really wanted to do was set
these screens up as two seperate X displays. One powering my local monitor
sometimes running mythfrontend sometimes not, and one powering a remote tv
always running mythfrontend. I believe to do this I'll need to run two
seperate X servers because otherwise none of the key presses would get sent
to myth (if only lirc talked directly to mythfrontend and not via the
keyboard.. but anway!).

I've tried various configurations over the past couple of weeks (had
problems mailing the list, kept getting bounces from snow something mail
server, but thanks to Steve Adeff I have a shiny new googlemail account to
email from)

I think what I need is two seperate xorg.conf's and gdm.conf set up to call
the properly. I'm just going down this route now, but would really
appreciate some help. It'd be great if someone who has already done
something like this or similair could donate their config files. I've
googled till I'm blue in the face, but with people haveing so many different
names for this type of configuration it's hard to find any real results. Any
info I seem to find appears to be outdated as well :-(

Thanks for your time,

Steve Daniels