[mythtv-users] fc4.ppc, Mac Mini and MythTV

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Sat Jan 7 04:17:57 UTC 2006

>> Do keep in mind, the frontend software that gets compiled will be
>> useless against a 0.18.1 backend because of the protocol mismatch
>
> The osx-packager script has options for a specific revision or
> branch so you can easily/hopefully build a frontend for any
> arbitrary backend version.
>
> In any case mythmusic isn't currently one of the supported plugins
> for osx (they're mythcontrols, mythdvd, mythflix, mythgallery,
> mythnews, mythvideo & mythweather). The last time someone mused
> about this on the lists they were thinking of integrating myth with
> itunes in some way. That was quite a while ago.

Just my two cents, but I run the OSX frontend on my Mac Mini with
great success.  I  modified the main menu xml file and added an
option that launches itunes via a command "open -a iTunes".    I use
the USB Keyspan Remote to control both MythTV and iTunes.  I
programmed one of the keys on the remote to do a "command+tab" so
that I can cycle between MythTV and iTunes.  But it works great...