[mythtv-users] fc4.ppc, Mac Mini and MythTV

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 00:38:26 UTC 2006

On 1/7/06, Matt Hannan <matthannan1 at cox.net> wrote:
> Piers Kittel wrote:
> > Stupid question I think but why not use OSX and the MythTV OSX
> > frontend? Somehow a recent SVN compiled successfully for the first
> > time ever for me and it now works nicely with OSX
>
> Not a stupid question at all!
> Does MythMusic come along for the ride?
> You might be saving me crazy amounts of work here!

I know MythMusic isn't in the pre-compiled OS X 18.1 available on the
web, but neither are any other plugins. (Not even MythVideo which IMHO
shouldn't be difficult to port because it looks like there shouldn't
be anything more complicated than calling an external player in
there.)  If you just want to avoid using iTunes as opposed to avoid
using OS X altogether, you should definitely look into compiling
MythMusic on OS X - even if it doesn't compile out of the box, it
might be a lot less work to get it going than sorting out the Fedora
PPC stuff.

Jens