[mythtv-users] .19 on Ubuntu working sort of

Adam Propeck adam at propeck.com
Fri Jan 6 18:58:01 UTC 2006

Yessir. Firewire 6200 setup with SVN version of MythTV. I was able to get it
working when I run mythbackend as root, so I'm assuming that I have some
permission issues with /dev/raw1394. For the most part, everything is
working great now with a few small exceptions. I can't get MythWeb to work
for some reason on Apache2. I'm going crazy trying to figure it out. I keep
just getting the db* error that tells me that any one of a hundred
conditions could exist. The other thing is that I would really like to get
Lirc support compiled into Myth(SVN still). I was going to try to force it
by doing a "./configure --enable-lirc" and see if I could get it that way. I
still don't understand LIRC and if someone has some very basic guides to
using a USB UIRT, I would appreciate it. I was finally able to get irrecord
to see the device and recorded a few buttons after doing a '-f -d uirt2
test.conf' I was expecting to have to use uirt2_raw for this device. Also, I
don't understand if I'm suppose to sym link the /dev/lirc or if it should be
getting created automatically. Sorry for so much crap all at once. Thanks!