[mythtv-users] no audio during livetv

Steven Willis onlynone at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:21:42 UTC 2006

> > Strange situation here. I've had a perfectly running myth setup (hauppauge
> > pvr500, gentoo) All of a sudden I don't have any sound anymore during
> > recording or watching LiveTV, Playing audio is fine and I have audio and
> > video on a previous recording of a TV program.
> > I don't see what I've done wrong. Anybody a hint how to fix this?

Same thing happened to me, I'm running Debian Stable with a hand
compiled mythtv and a few other modules and tools not from the debian
repository. Myth worked great for months, now all of a sudden I have
no sound while watching live, and no sound on any new recordings. Old
recordings still play fine with sound.

> This happened to me the other day, and after a great deal of
> futzing around I discovered I had two Kmixers running and on
> one of them an errant mouse click had turned off the record
> light (switch) in line-in, so no imput was selected.
>
> Its almost always something silly like this.

I'm not running anything other than mythfrontend, I have gdm set to
auto login my mythtv user, and mythtv's display manager is
mythfrontend. So nothing other than mythbackend, mysql, mythfrontend
and various system daemons should be running. I'm also not using
line-in for my audio, I'm just using the coax cable from my cable box.

-Steven Willis