[mythtv-users] drive full? ringbuf1.nuv and / at 100%

Roger Hanson roger at rogerhanson.com
Fri Jan 6 15:03:20 UTC 2006

Jeff Simpson wrote:

>     yes, you can def delete the ringbuffer file, but that won't be all
>     of your problems. What else do you have saving on the cache drive?
>     It says it's ~10 gigs. Are you sharing that drive with something
>     else? That generally causes problems, as most programs don't
>     gracefully run out of space. The only exception is with the myth
>     recording directory IF you have auto-expire set, it should prevent
>     itself from running completely out of space.
>

> I take it back, that ringbuf file IS the only thing on the cache drive
> and is taking up all the space. you do still have / filled, though,
> and should clean out some space on that. Also, check the settings in
> myth to limit the size of the liveTV ringbuffer to be something less
> than the max size of the partition to prevent that

Thanks, I did take care of most of the trouble, I believe.

root at pvr:/# du --max-depth=1 -h | more
16K     ./lost+found
24K     ./cache
392G    ./myth
3.3M    ./bin
4.0M    ./boot
144K    ./dev
17M     ./etc
100M    ./home
53M     ./lib
4.0K    ./media
12K     ./mnt
4.0K    ./opt
259M    ./proc
56K     ./root
8.2M    ./sbin
0       ./sys
20K     ./tmp
1.6G    ./usr
186M    ./var
4.0K    ./cdrom
4.0K    ./none
4.0K    ./.qt
4.0K    ./initrd
395G    .

AND

root at pvr:/# df
/dev/hda1              3797912   2376260   1229276  66% /
/dev/hda3             10505464        24  10505440   1% /cache
/dev/vg/myth         433888564 410880024  23008540  95% /myth
root at pvr:/#

Now, I have that never ending shortage of /myth hard drive space.  Time
to get another 300GB drive, I guess...