[mythtv-users] PVR-350 image ghosting problem

Kirk Anderson kirk at nosredna.net
Fri Jan 6 12:37:27 UTC 2006

I was curious if anyone else has seen anything remotely like this before.

My Myth box has been running for over a year with a PVR-350 card.
For the first 8 months or so everything looked great. Then a few months
ago I
noticed that all the video had severe ghosting.

What I see usually (some shows seem worse than others) are 3 ghostly
bars (I'd
guess 20-30 pixels in width) evenly spaced on the video. They are
stationary.
Then the moving video itself is ghosted also. Typically the worst of it
is seen in
the fleshtones of peoples faces. I can basically see an entire second
ghostly
image of their face offset many inches from their true face.

I get it in LiveTV.
I get it on recorded TV.
I changed my video input from my satellite receiver to a video camera
and still get it.
I moved back to earlier versions of Myth code and IVTV code and still
get it.
Other this issue, everyting else works great.

I have a pcHDTV HD-3000 card which works fine (image is clear as can be).

I was possibly thinking somehow a termination resistor at the input may
have blown
during a lightening storm or something, but I don't know how to rule
that one out without
having to buy a whole new card.

Is there anything in the software drivers that can cause something like
this ?
Anybody have a lowlevel method for checking the video pipeline so I can
narrow down where
the problem is coming from.

Thanks