[mythtv-users] Recording 24

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 03:16:51 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 21:58, Stewart wrote:
> What is the best way to automatically record the new season of 24?
>
> If I pick anytime on this channel, I'll get extras.  If I choose this
> timeslot, I get screwed if they bump the slot or change the day of the
> week that they show the episode (which they have done before.)
>
> I made a canned search in mythweb that will find them all, but I was
> looking for a more automated way.
>
> Stewart

Any time on this channel, under schedule options the second from the bottom I
believe, one of the options for this line is "New Episodes Only".

This will then look at all episodes of the show on the channel you selected
and from my understanding use the original air date to see if the episode is
new or not to decide to record. It should also be smart enough to catch a
later airing of a new episode (for shows that do new episode repeats later
that evening kind of thing) if another show is set to record at the same
time.

--
Steve