[mythtv-users] Viewing and controlling HD content from Frontend

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 22:10:50 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 16:14, R wrote:
> Assuming that the backend has a HD tuner card connected to a Channel
> Master 4228 antenna.
>
> On the frontend - What do I need to have (hardware wise)
> and
> what do I need to do (software and configuration wise):
>
> To be able to view all the HD content
> and
> To be able to (remotely) control the HD tuner card
>
> >From what I can gather, there is more to it than just running the
> > frontend.

Myth, in SVN at least, is more than capable of doing this, I do it currently
and its worked for both recordings and LiveTV(to its limited ability right
now). What you need is the proper speed hardware to playback the MPEG files
which requries a 3.0GHz or greater equivalent speed processor. XvMC lowers
this requirement but isn't bulletproof right now. That said, the faster the
processor the better. I get by with Athlon64 3200+'s, but if I had the money
for a faster processor I would want something faster. You'll also want a fast
network, I'm running on 100bT without issue.

--
Steve