[mythtv-users] ongoing DataDirect problems?

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 5 19:52:02 UTC 2006

Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> Are they known to be working on things?  Is anybody getting
> (working) listings from them?  I've only got listings up
> until Sunday, and I'm going out of town this weekend, so
> I'm a bit paranoid..

I was just about to post a question about DataDirect.

I'm still setting up my Myth box.  It's partially working, but I've had
a big problem with channel lineups, and I've been trying to figure out a
way around it and hacking (just a little) at my database.

My mythfilldatabase results from this morning have been problematic, and
I wasn't sure whether it was zap2it or me that was the problem.  I was
just about to destroy and recreate my database, suspecting I might have
messed something up, but figured I'd post here first, when I saw this
message.

<rant>
Of all the parts and pieces of MythTV, this has been the hardest to deal
with, the most frustrating, and the scariest.  My cable provider isn't
listed at zap2it labs, though apparently they WERE there up until a few
weeks ago when, according to another subscriber's post, they
mysteriously disappeared.  I've had ZERO response from zap2it despite
patient, polite e-mails and posts on the forum.  I remain very nervous
that my $800 + 30+ hours investment in MythTV is riding on this very
shaky foundation.

Right now I'm working through a procedure to hack my database to
generate the right listings for my cable provider from a nearby
competitor of theirs.  This has been most frustrating, and is
complicated by the fact that now, apparently, I can't even get reliable
downloads from zap2it.
</rant>