[mythtv-users] Popup menus occasionally unresponsive with LIRC

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Thu Jan 5 14:05:43 UTC 2006

Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks.  I'm using just the internal player, not Xine, but I'll see if
> moving the mouse has any effect.

In my case (using fvwm as the Window manager) moving the mouse to
somewhere in the centre of the screen solves the problem.  Because of
overscan, I have the myth gui sized to take up a bit less than the
full X area, so if the mouse gets jostled the pointer can end up
pointing at the background.  When this happens, I get the problem you
described where pop-up menus occasionally don't have any buttons
highlighted.  For me, closing the menu with exit and reopening fixes
the problem, but moving the mouse to the middle of the screen prevents
the problem entirely.

Dan