[mythtv-users] Popup menus occasionally unresponsive with LIRC

Wendy Seltzer wseltzer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:53:11 UTC 2006

I've been trying to debug this without much luck -- any suggestions would be
welcome.

Most of the time, my remote (X10 Lola vi lirc_atiusb module) works
beautifully.  Sometimes, however, when I invoke popup menus from the remote
(e.g., with the key mapped to M, in watch recording or play music screens),
none of the buttons is highlighted, and up and down arrows do nothing.  ESC
from the remote closes the popup.  Hitting remote-M again has the same
problem.

Entering M from the keyboard instead shows the menu with first button
selected, and from there, I can again navigate with the remote.  (Very
rarely, the keyboard shows the same problem, but it tends to last for only
one keypress there.)

None of the logs shows anything out of the ordinary, or any difference
between times when the remote works and times when it doesn't.  It often
varies within a single session.

This has been happening sporadically for months (currently running svn ~ rev
8490).  Anyone else seeing this, or have suggestions where to look for the
problem?

--Wendy
--
Wendy Seltzer