[mythtv-users] Two new problems with nuvexport

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 17:41:20 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> > Unrecognizeable yuvdenoise version string.
> > Press ENTER to continue.
>
> Could you send me the output from `yuvdenoise --version` ?
>
> -Chris

NP!  Also, I'm using ffmpeg CVS from yesterday:

 yuvdenoise --version
   INFO: [yuvdenoise]  ========================================================
   INFO: [yuvdenoise]          Y4M2 Motion-Compensating-YCrCb-Denoiser
   INFO: [yuvdenoise]  ========================================================
   INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Version: MjpegTools 1.6.2
yuvdenoise: invalid option -- -

Y4M2 - Denoiser Usage:

-t <0...255>       Y Denoiser threshold
                   accept any image-error up to +/- threshold for a single
                   pixel to be accepted as valid for the image. If the
                   absolute error is greater than this, exchange the pixel
                   with the according pixel of the reference image.
                   (default=5)
-u <0...255>       Cr Denoiser threshold
                   (default=5)
-v <0...255>       Cb Denoiser threshold
                   (default=5)
-c <0|1>           Chroma-flicker reduction
                   (default=1)
-l <0...255>       Average 'n' Y frames for a time-lowpassed pixel. Values
                   below 2 will lead to a good response to the reference
                   frame, while larger values will cut out more noise (and
                   as a drawback will lead to noticable artefacts on high
                   motion scenes.) Values above 8 are allowed but rather
                   useless. (default=3)

-m <0...255>       Average 'n' Cr frames for a time-lowpassed pixel.
                   (default=3)

-n <0...255>       Average 'n' Cb frames for a time-lowpassed pixel.
                   (default=3)

-r <8...24>        Limit the search radius to that value. Usually it will
                   not make sense to go higher than 16. Esp. for VCD sizes.
                   (default=8)
                   to <16,128,128> ("pure black"). This can save a lot of bits
                   without even touching the image itself (eg. on 16:9 movies
                   on 4:3 (VCD and SVCD) (default=0,0,0,0)

-L <0...255>       Set luminance contrast in percent. (default=100)
                   100 = no effect

-C <0...255>       Set chrominance contrast in percent. AKA "Saturation"
                   (default=100) 100 = no effect

-S <0...255>       Set sharpness in percent. WARNING: do not set too high
                   as this will gain bit-noise. (default=125)
                   0 = no effect

-F                 Force deinterlacing. By default denoise interlaced.

-f                 Fast mode. Use only Pass II (bitnoise-reduction) for
                   low to very low noise material. (default off)

-p <0...255>       Pass II threshold (same as -t).
                   WARNING: If set to values greater than 8 you *will* see
                   artefacts...(default=4)