[mythtv-users] Overkill...

Al McIntosh junkmail at allanmcintosh.com
Wed Jan 4 13:59:19 UTC 2006

>if you still want something really basic, the ivtv-encoder program in
>combination with a crontab?

I used a similar set up for years pre-myth. My *record the simpsons
every sunday at 8pm* would record some other show when the simpson's
were not on or record repeats. During holidays I would comment out all
the shows that were not airing to avoid recording reruns or who knows
what. Then I would have to watch program listings to see when the shows
were back on to uncomment the record jobs in cron. A great deal of
effort. Sometimes a typical 30 min show will have a special 1 hour
episode or 2 new 30 min episodes back to back and I would only get the
first 30 min.

 "Record at anytime on any channel" with "record new episodes only"
resolved all this for me.