[mythtv-users] fusion hdtv 5 gold or lite?

Rob djrobx at djrobx.com
Wed Jan 4 06:20:29 UTC 2006

I have both cards and they seem to work about the same, for analog and
digital.  I'm not aware of a way to use the card to tune both analog and
digital, since there doesn't seem to be a way to tell Myth that the two
different interfaces are sharing one tuner.   Someone can correct me if I'm
missing something, but when I set up both a V4L analog and a DVB source,
they fight with each other.

There is nothing unusual about tuning QAM with the Fusion lite.  Cable QAM
has never been easier than it is with the current SVN version of Myth.
Just modprobe dvb-bt8xx with an appropriate kernel, configure the card in
Myth and do a scan.  Since cable doesn't usually give you PSIP data you'll
have a bunch of "unnamed" channels you can surf through and find what you
want.

-- Rob