[mythtv-users] OT Recommended Modem for Cid

Scott Starkey starkeys at whitehouseisd.org
Wed Jan 4 01:46:19 UTC 2006

Thanks.  I'm just reread what I sent and should have explained better.  I'm not using asterisk, I just wanted to see if anyone had a name/model of a modem that works well with linux that will also do caller id using the CIDBCast program in the Myth Contrib folder.

Scott Starkey wrote:

>I am looking for a recommendation on a brand/model modem that works well with the Caller-ID functions.  Would the X100P cards that work with Asterisk work?

If you're using Asterisk, you'll need an X100P. Note that they're not
all created equal - I've had some 'clones' that won't do CID, while some
can. The genuine article should be fine, if you can get one.

If you're not using Asterisk, I think you have a wider choice. I
understand that most modern modems will decode CID, but I could be wrong.

Cheers,

Jon