[mythtv-users] How do I add existing avi files to mythtv's recordings?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 00:16:24 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 18:24, Chris Doyle wrote:
> Steve,
>
> This is great! just one small problem.
>
> Upon execution, it grabs the show info just fine from TV.com, but the query
> fails with a message of
>
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'basename' in 'field list' at
> /root/tvgrabber-0.5.pl line 571, <STDIN> line 1.
>
> apparently basename is a column in your mythconverg.recorded table, but not
> mine (latest knoppmyth)
>
> Did you add the basename column to your db, or am I just using a different
> version than you?
>
> Thanks!
> Chris Doyle
>
> On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:52:54 -0500
>
> Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I'd love to see this.  I have the skeleton of an "Import Recordings"
> > > screen for the frontend but I'm lacking the script that will automate
> > > this to the point of making it useful.
> > >
> > > Kevin
> >
> > Here's my script, I wrote it first as a tv.com scraper, then added the
> > calls needed for MythTV. I'm new at PERL and coding in general, I'm sure
> > it could use some cleaning up, etc. So if anyone has any changes/etc drop
> > me an email and I'll add them. One thing I'd like to have is a way to add
> > the more detailed show information and better db error checking.
> >
> > I do have it set to use the filename as the show name/seasoninfo input
> > since I have a specific naming scheme I use, This could easily be taken
> > in as arguements if needed for some other purpose.
> >
> > --
> > Steve

could be a different version. basename holds the filename of the recording, so
look at your db and see what field holds this. mine references from the tv
recordings folder, so once you find your field see how it works before
continueing.

I'll look into it further to see if I can do a db version check.

as well, I can do some more intelligent name parsing if anyone has another
format they'd like to use.

--
Steve