[mythtv-users] Re: Archiving to DVD?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:32:55 UTC 2006

>     I am trying to get this working, but the HowTo states there are problems
> with certin versions of dvdauthor and ImageMagic packages.    Can you say
> what versions you have installed and working?  thanks,

>From my experience, the 0.6.12-alpha snapshots of dvdauthor should be
avoided. There were some versions of ImageMagick in the past that only
worked properly with the 0.6.12-alpha snapshots, but ImageMagick was
quickly upgraded and hasn't required the use the 0.6.12-alpha
versions. Additionally I had some problems with some versions of
0.6.12 and mythtvburn.

I use dvdauthor 0.6.11 and ImageMagick 6.2.4 or so with ProjectX 0.89
and have no A/V sync issues and I'm happily burning DVDs with
commercials cut and taking advantage of the auto-tcrequant to cram
more content onto each DVD. I'm pretty happy with putting 4 1-hour
shows on a single DVD -- and that takes about 3 hours per DVD.

Now if only mythburn could auto-detect if a recording was not a proper
mpeg2 DVD format recording and transcode it as part of the process...
then I could *easily* burn DVDs from my transcoded recordings and I'd
be really happy.

Hey... Has anyone else had problems recenty with upgrading CVS with mythtvburn?

-Ross