[mythtv-users] Media library only showing films

rob.mythtv at robertwillett.com rob.mythtv at robertwillett.com
Tue Jan 3 09:39:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've just setup a new Mythfrontend system on my desktop OpenSuse10 box.
I already have a separate Mythbackend running perfectly well and just
wanted access to the system from another desktop.

Since OpenSuse10 installed GCC 4.x on my system the standard Mythtv
download wouldn't compile.So I Googled and found a suggestion to use the
svn version. Mistkae #1. So I downloaded the latest svn version and
compiled that. The compile worked as expected.

However I noted that it wanted Protocol 22 rather than Protocol 15. I
realised that the svn version is rather more advanced than I needed.
Unfortunately whilst looking around the system I do remember telling the
system to filter the Media library on films, which looked quite
interesting. Mistake #2.

It was clear the the latest svn build was too advanced so I looked
around some more and discovered the 0.18.1-fixes branch of the Myth
code. This was the one I should have downloaded all along as it has
support for GCC 4.x in. So I deleted the more recent svn branch,
downloaded 0.18.1-fixes, compiled it and it worked fine. Until I went
back to the media library, all I can now see are films.

Clearly somewhere there is a setting that filters the Media Library. I
would have thought it was in one of the datbase tables but I can't
easily see it. I've looked through as many tables as I can but I do feel
I'm searching for a needle in a haystack.

Anybody any idea how to get rid of the filter on the Media Library?

Thanks,

Rob.