[mythtv-users] Phoenix AZ Cox QAM DVB HD-3000 and Basic Cable

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Tue Jan 3 05:05:18 UTC 2006

Since I know of no wiki or anything to post this on. Here you go.

Phoenix AZ
Cox Communication
Basic Analog Cable
QAM via HD-3000 (in my case)
Linux dvb

Here is the channel list azap and mythtv transports

channels.conf
KASW-DT:537000000:QAM_256:33:36
KSAZ-DT:537000000:QAM_256:49:52
KNXV-DT:555000000:QAM_256:33:36
KPHO-DT:555000000:QAM_256:49:52
KAET-DT-1:567000000:QAM_256:33:34
KPNX-DT:567000000:QAM_256:49:52
KAET-DT-2:567000000:QAM_256:67:70

I post this because somebody might search for this one day. So instead
of having to manually pick out the streams one by one like I did, I
thought I'd post it for them since Cox doesn't broadcast PID's out here.
(do they not broadcast these things so they can try to sell you a STB
and a subscribing to digital cable or something? Because thats the only
answer for not doing it that I can think of.) Anyways, It should work if
you have basic basic or basic extended and might work if you have cox
cable internet or cox phone service.

-Mike