[mythtv-users] LABEL=/video does not exist

Jason W. jason_wilk at stircrazy.net
Tue Jan 3 04:29:15 UTC 2006

Brian Donaldson wrote:
> I'm running FC4 w/0.18.1 installing using Jarod's instructions.  I
> configured my partitions during setup as described in the
> instructions.  I created a /video xfs partition with the remaining
> space on the drive (~190GB).  However, the system is showing the
> /video directory to only have about a 7.5GB capacity instead of the
> 190GB.  I'm getting this error during boot-up:
>
> mount: special device LABEL=/video does not exist
>

> However, I still seem to be able to access /video.  It's just smaller
> than it should be.  Here is my fstab:
>
> [root at localhost mythtv]# cat /etc/fstab
> # This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
> LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults
> 1 1
> LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults
> 1 2 /dev/devpts             /dev/pts                devpts
> gid=5,mode=620  0 0 /dev/shm                /dev/shm
> tmpfs   defaults        0 0 /dev/proc               /proc
> proc    defaults        0 0 /dev/sys                /sys
> sysfs   defaults        0 0
> LABEL=/video            /video                  xfs     defaults
> 1 2
> 10.10.10.8:/media       /mnt/media              nfs
> rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr 0 0
> LABEL=AhD$AdD$A   swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
> /dev/hdc                /media/cdrom            auto
> pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
>

> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

bDid you change the filesystem type after the initial build? I believe that
label is an ext2/3 thing ('man e2label' for more info). Here's all you need
to do to fix it.

1) 'mv /video /video.bak'
-move the /video folder someplace else so that you can access the current
contents once you have properly mounted your partition.
2) 'mkdir /video'
-create a new mountpoint
3) 'fdisk -l' to find the large partition that you created.
-it should be easy to spot.
4) edit /etc/fstab and replace "LABEL=/video" with the actual partition that
you want to mount (probably either "/dev/hda3" or "/dev/hda5"
5) 'mount -a'
-mount all of the partitions listed in /etc/fstab
6) 'mount'
-is it mounted? If yes, then 7
7) 'df -h'
-is it as big as you expect it to be? If yes, then 8
8) 'mv /video.bak/* /video/'
-move everything that used to be in that directory to the new directory
9) 'rmdir /video.bak'
-get rid of the old dir