[mythtv-users] Myth 0.18: Recorded vs. Recordedprogram

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Jan 2 22:14:29 UTC 2006

Larry K wrote:
> Can anyone explain the difference between the Recorded and the
> Recordedprogram tables in Mythtv 0.18?  In my system, the Recorded table
> has 8 more rows than the Recordedprogram table (8 out of 151).

Recorded is predates the other and is the information about a
recorded file and the attributes of that recording, some of which
are not from 'program'. Recordedprogram was added later to copy the
info from the program table for the show so that these fields would
be available for the Program Details page. You may have some recordings
made before this was added.

> The reason I ask is that I want to modify my nuvexport script to sort
> the results by the syndicatedepsidodenumber column when I choose a show

Had you looked at many of these, the producers schemes for labeling
are all over the map, include letters, need to be sorted as strings
that may not be in sequential order and often aren't present at all.
TMS programids are in a standard format, always present, always
unique and will sort sequentially.

> title to get all the subtitle (episode) detail information.   Right now,
> the script queries the recorded table and the rows are returned in the
> order they were inserted into the table.  The Recorded table does not
> have the syndicatedepsidodenumber column, whereas the Recordedpropgram
> table does.  As I was about to modify the script I realized that the
> Recordedpropgram table seems to be missing some entries that are present
> in the Recorded table, so this may foil my plan.

Query both to try to get what you need. If there isn't an entry in
recordedprogram then, oh well...

--  bjm