[mythtv-users] Redirecting PVR-350 audio to soundcard for live TV / playback

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 2 20:10:42 UTC 2006

On Jan 2, 2006, at 3:05 PM, Joe Votour wrote:

> You have two options here:
> 1. Don't use the PVR-350 MPEG-2 decoder for watching
> shows.  Use Xv that is provided with the newest
> drivers (0.4.x).
> 2. Put in a second sound card and use it for looping
> the sound.
>
> -- Joe

His CPU speed won't support option 1. A third option is to use an
external mixer. Plug the audio from your PVR-350 and the audio from
your onboard audio into the mixer and then out from your mixer to
your TV/receiver/whatever you're listening on. I did this for a while
and worked like a charm until I figured out my sound card loop issues
(lots of noise = wrong alsa mixer settings).