[mythtv-users] Live Playback of HDTV isn't smooth

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 15:38:02 UTC 2006

On 1/2/06, Kichigai Mentat <kichigai at comcast.net> wrote:

Its got 1 gig of ram, and is okay, I've had bad ram before, so know
what to look for.  I've even went so far as to put a gigabit nic card
in the frontend and the backend, plus a gigabit switch between them,
but it makes no difference.

It has something to do with the ringbuffer, as if I tell Myth to
record the program, and watch it from the recording folder as it
grows, it plays back fine.

I just realized my cache and recordings reside on different disks.  I
might investigate that to see if it is something.  But it also sounds
that .19 may fix this problem as it is going to treat livetv in a
completely different way, at least thats what I gather.