[mythtv-users] setpci, interrupts (Was: SOLVED System Load/Performance Question)

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:59:24 UTC 2006

On 2/27/06, Osma Ahvenlampi <oa at iki.fi> wrote:

> However, my actual problem didn't go away - every time I try an OpenGL
> app, no matter how trivial, I get a hard freeze. XVideo overlays also
> have random errors (short horizontal black lines in the image in random
> positions, but not all the time), and sometimes I get a hard freeze when
> watching videos (with Xine or mplayer, but strangely enough, apparently
> never with mythfrontend).

It's a Geforce4MX, it's not going to run OpenGL very well anyway :)
It sounds like you have a defective integrated video card.  I've seen
that kind of behavior in standalone video cards that are overheating.
It might be possible to add a larger system heatsink to your
motherboard.  Sorry you have a sick motherboard.  If there's a way for
you to add an external AGP video card, you might try that and do a
comparison, but on a uATX board there may not be a slot.

Good Luck,

Yan

Yan