[mythtv-users] "V" chip

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Tue Feb 28 19:30:41 UTC 2006

On Tue, February 28, 2006 19:51, match at ece.utah.edu said:
> On 28 Feb 2006 at 11:08, Francesco Peeters wrote:
<SNIP>

> The current crop of digital capture cards available for use with MythTV do
> not include V
> chips, and if this regulation is enforcable, Jack will end up with a batch
> of cards he can't
> legally sell after Mar 15th. <SNIP>

Maybe not within the US, but most of the currently available cards will
work outside of the US as well, right? (I don't know exactly what cards he
has for sale, so I cannot comment on that...)

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd like a sweet deal on a tv
card...  ;-)

--
Francesco Peeters
----