[mythtv-users] "V" chip

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Tue Feb 28 10:08:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, February 28, 2006 3:00, Chad said:
>> I wonder if it's going to affect us. Maybe we should all buy an extra HD
>> capture card before the end of the month...
>>
>> Marvin

> I think I just might have to!  :D  Woohoo!
>
> Chad

Although I understand the eternal struggle for an excuse to buy new
hardware, I wonder what the V chip has to do with MythTV? (Or Linux for
that matter) Isn't it just an extra piece of hardware that we can chose to
ignore if we don't want it activated?

If someone can explain, I would be very interested...

--
Francesco Peeters
----