[mythtv-users] Scheduling same program o 2 inputs

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Feb 26 10:58:41 UTC 2006

Greetings

Had a very odd one today, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what
was going on.

99% of my recording I use s-video input from a sat box as it duplicates
all the terrestrial channels I can get anyway. I have 2 entries for those
channels that are duplicated by numbering them 1, 991 and 2, 992 etc. with
appropriate mythfilldatabase entries on each set to ensure the guide is
correctly filled, where 1 is fro mthe sat box (best signal quality) and
991... are terrestrial.

Today I tried to schedule something on channel 6 and by mistake, chose
996. Seeing that this channel on terrestrial is not a good signal, I
deleted it and scheduled channel 6 instead.

At this point, mythweb said that 996 was scheduled but mythfrontend said
BOTH 6 and 996 were. Using mythweb, I tried to add the schedule on channel
6 (again) with the intention of bumping the priority to force the
incorrect 996 conflict to just go away. No joy :(

After 10 minutes of hair pulling I could NOT get the program to schedule
on channel 6 - every time mythfrontend reported BOTH set, no conflicts,
despite removing all attempts at scheduling, and mythweb insisted that the
recording was scheduled on channel 996.

Is there some magic I've missed when I remove a scheduling rule? It seems
as though having seen the program on one channel, it simply wouldn't allow
it to be scheduled on a different channel!

I had to manually start the record from LiveTV in the end (and missed the
first 10 mins as I was watching another recording at the time). Doh

I've just changed the priority of the s-video input (was the same as the
tuner before) in mythtv-setup/Input Connections in an attempt to fix this
but I'd be interested in anyone else having the "I know better than you
what channel to use" problem I've just had.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks