[mythtv-users] mythbackend loses mysql connection

Paul Check paul at openstreet.com
Sat Feb 25 17:27:35 UTC 2006

Shawn Kwang wrote:

>My question is: what settings in my /etc/mysql/my.cnf can be changed so
>that mythbackend does not lose its connection to the sql daemon?
>
>    In mysqld there are some configuration variables such as:
>connect_timeout, interactive_timeout and wait_timeout.  What should these
>be set in order that mythbackend does not lose the database?
>In my current /etc/mysql/my.cnf I only have one instance of "timeout" in
>[mysqld]:
>innodb_lock_wait_timeout        = 50
>I have another option in [mysqlhotcopy], I don't know if this matters:
>interactive-timeout

I've been having this dropped connection problem too, running on a fully
upgraded Debian unstable machine. However, the problem hasn't appeared
for a few days since I did an upgrade, where I noticed that MySQL was
updated, now to version 5.0.18-8 in Debian. Have you noticed the problem
resolved?

>This is a follow up to this thread:
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/164194#164194

Thanks, I was looking for that! :)

>    This may be a red herring but I upgraded from mythtv-0.18.1, i.e.
>this was not a "fresh" install.

Mine was not a fresh install either, having upgraded from CVS to the
Debian packages when 0.19 came out. But, I doubt this is the problem.

--Paul