[mythtv-users] MythMusic playlist management (was Re: Multiple questions from a mythtv newbie...)

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Fri Feb 24 03:26:55 UTC 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 20:39, Robert Tsai wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 09:30:25PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 December 2005 21:08, Dewey Smolka wrote:
> > > The easiest way to set up a playlist is to start Listen to Music
> > > and then pressing '3' inside the Music module. This will let you
> > > set up the active list, which will remain until you change it
> > > again. Saving and managing multiple playlists is still a mystery
> > > to me (and I've been using MythMusic for a year and a half).
> >
> > Heh.  All you do is hit 'select', 'menu', or 'info' on the 'Active
> > Play Queue' item in that tree, and that'll let you save the
> > playlist.  'menu' or 'info' on a playlist name will let you
> > delete/rename it or copy the entries over back to the active queue
> > for editing (as opposed to just selecting the playlist and having it
> > in the queue).  Playlists can contain other playlists, etc.  You can
> > move items around by hitting 'select' on an item in the active queue
> > and then using the up/down arrows to rearrange things.  'select'
> > again deselects the item.
> >
> > All that's on the 'Edit playlists' screen from pressing '3' on the
> > playback screen.
>
> Ah. This helps a lot. I've been on "random play unplayed" for over a
> year :).
>
> So now that I've been making a few playlists to keep handy, is there a
> way to add stuff to an existing playlist? It looks like
> DatabaseBox::copyNewPlaylist doesn't want to let you enter the name of
> an existing playlist, and I don't see anything else, so I suspect
> playlists, once created, are immutable ?

Heh, old email.

If you hit menu/info on the playlist name under 'All My Playlists', it'll give
you the option to rename, delete, or 'move to active play queue'.  That'll
allow you to add/delete items from it.  select/menu/info on the 'Active Play
Queue' item itself will have an option to save it back to the playlist.

Isaac