[mythtv-users] MythMusic playlist management (was Re: Multiple questions from a mythtv newbie...)

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 24 01:39:49 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 09:30:25PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 December 2005 21:08, Dewey Smolka wrote:
> > The easiest way to set up a playlist is to start Listen to Music
> > and then pressing '3' inside the Music module. This will let you
> > set up the active list, which will remain until you change it
> > again. Saving and managing multiple playlists is still a mystery
> > to me (and I've been using MythMusic for a year and a half).
>
> Heh.  All you do is hit 'select', 'menu', or 'info' on the 'Active
> Play Queue' item in that tree, and that'll let you save the
> playlist.  'menu' or 'info' on a playlist name will let you
> delete/rename it or copy the entries over back to the active queue
> for editing (as opposed to just selecting the playlist and having it
> in the queue).  Playlists can contain other playlists, etc.  You can
> move items around by hitting 'select' on an item in the active queue
> and then using the up/down arrows to rearrange things.  'select'
> again deselects the item.
>
> All that's on the 'Edit playlists' screen from pressing '3' on the
> playback screen.

Ah. This helps a lot. I've been on "random play unplayed" for over a
year :).

So now that I've been making a few playlists to keep handy, is there a
way to add stuff to an existing playlist? It looks like
DatabaseBox::copyNewPlaylist doesn't want to let you enter the name of
an existing playlist, and I don't see anything else, so I suspect
playlists, once created, are immutable ?

--Rob