[mythtv-users] 0.19, XvMC, and Prebuffer pause

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Feb 23 16:56:36 UTC 2006

Brad Fuller wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>
>> Gavin Haslett wrote:
>>

>>> Uh... I'm using XvMC with no problems. Granted I have no HD content, all
>>> SD... But it works like a champ for me. No prebuffering pauses, color
>>> OSD (with the hack installed), and around 20% max CPU on an AMD 800
>>> (hence why no HD).
>>>

>>> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 17:17 -0500, Preston Crow wrote:
>>> <snipped>
>>>
>>> ...as I was saying, I have yet to find someone using XvMC without any
>>> problems.
>>>

>> Can you answer some questions, please about your setup and xvmc?
>> I am getting lines in frontend saying  "NVP: Pre-buffer pause" and I get
>> short garbles in the audio. These garbles are created on recording as
>> they exist in the same place in liveTV, play TV and with mplayer.
>> The only error which I can find is that mplayer reports   something like
>> "A52: CRC check error"  basically continuously while playing.
>>
>> I presume that you are using an nvidia card. (I'm on a Via SP13000
>> motherboard so things are different..)
>> When you run configure for mythtv, does it report that it will use
>> -lXvMCW or -lXvMCNvidia (or -lNvidiaXvMC whichever it is)
>> Does your /etc/X11/XvMCConfig file have a line saying something like
>> "libNvidiaXvMC.so.x.x.x.x"
>> I'm trying to understand what should be the output from configure. I
>> seem to get better results if I skip the XvMCW (wrapper) test and make
>> the output the 'libviaXvMcPro' itself. This probably is 'wrong' but I'm
>> not sure.
>>

> This is probably of no use to you since I'm using Axel's 0.19 rpms, but
> my XvMCConfig has one line:
> libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1
This is useful, but I still want to know if the configure run reported
that it would install the wrapper (XvMCW) or the library.
I have the similar (but different) libviaXvMC.so.1 in my XvMCConfig file
(note that  there is a difference in naming convention, probably not
relevant).

Geoff

--
       R. Geoffrey Newbury