[mythtv-users] Streaming recordings to Frontend

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Feb 20 09:36:50 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 10:26:44PM -0400, Rick wrote:
> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > Rick wrote:
> >
> >>I was using NFS prior to upgrading to 0.19, livetv and recordings worked
> >>fine.  After the upgrade to 0.19 livetv on my frontend was unuseable due
> >>to constant prebuffering pauses, recorded programs worked just fine.
> >>So, I stopped using NFS and now livetv on the frontend works flawlessly
> >>but recorded programs won't play at all, complaining about file
> >>/video/recordings/etc. being missing.  Is there a setting somewhere in
> >>the backend or frontend I'm missing.  If livetv works then shouldn't
> >>recorded programs also work as they are both streaming out of the same
> >>directory.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure this fix: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9039
> > is what you're looking for.  This was recently commited to the
> > release-0.19-fixes branch and I think Axel is updating the RPMs he
> > distributes with this as well.  If you compiled from source, apply the
> > patch or update from SVN on that branch and see if it fixes things for you.
> >
> > Kevin
>
> I was using Axel's rpm's so I'll wait until he updates them and give
> that a go.  Thanks

The packages have been uploaded a couple of hours ago, they include
this fix and anything until now (I just browsed through the commit
logs for any newer commits). Give them a try and see if this fixes it.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net