[mythtv-users] Streaming recordings to Frontend

Rick ve1gn at nb.sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 20 03:31:26 UTC 2006

> There was a bit of chatter about this a few weeks ago.  Is the reason
> you opted to transfer over NFS because of a centralized NFS server, or
> are you still streaming via NFS on your backend?
>
> If you are going right from the backend, your better off just using the
> myth protocol anyway.

NFS right from the backend, mostly because I just didn't know any
better.  A few of the threads seemed to indicate that streaming with
Myth protocol was the better choice (especially since livetv worked so
horribly using NFS after upgrading to 0.19).  Unfortunately now the
frontends can't see the recordings so I'll wait to see if 0.19-fixes
cures that problem.  In the mean time it's back to NFS so I can watch
the recordings.

Rick