[mythtv-users] Closed captioning support in 0.19

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:46:42 UTC 2006

Hi

On 2/21/06, Brian <turbo at talstar.com> wrote:

> I understand MythTV now supports closed captioning in LiveTV and in
> recorded
> programs, so I thought I'd try to see how that looks...
>
> So, the question is -- have I missed setting up something on the card, via
> ivtvctl, or am I doing something wrong (the documentation for this feature
> is sparse/non-existant) in Myth to get the closed captioning to appear, or
> am I doing everything exactly right, but things aren't working anyway?

I'm going through the same stuff.

Using two DVB-T cards, tried to get CC to work without much success. I
thought it was de to an Australia specific problem.

On my system VBI has been set to PAL, but no difference.

When I press T, all I get is "TXT:" displayed in the top left corner.
If I press T again it will show either "TXT 888" or "TXT: off".

As far as I can tell from my TV plugged to an off the shelf DVB-T decoder,
there are two ways I can get CC.
One is by using teletext on page 801.
the other is by selecting different language/subtitles on the DVB decoder.

Has anybody ever managed to get subtitle with MythTV with a DVB-T card ?

Thanks
JY