[mythtv-users] AMICUS 0.02 is out, still looking for testers

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 15:21:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

Last night I released AMICUS version 0.02 and it
includes a lot of new features and bug fixes.  You can
see the freshmeat.net page with changelog from here:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/amicus

Although AMICUS is intended to help new users with
older hardware, I would greatly appreciate some
experienced volunteers to help test.  If you are an
MythTV/Linux user with a working PVR I would
definitely appreciate some feedback the new release.
All you need is either a blank HD or empty partition.
AMICUS should not disturb your existing configuration
but I recommend doing any testing on your "test" and
not your "production" PVR.

Even if are new to MythTV/Linux and have had problems
getting MythTV to work on your PC, let's discuss your
situation as it may benefit us both for a detailed
walk-through of your MythTV install.  If previous
attempts have been unsuccessful, then you have nothing
to lose by giving AMICUS a try.

I will personally help you get your system working as
best I can.  Please bear in mind AMICUS is still quite
new and hardware support is limited so I am primarily
interested in basic PVR configurations (ie, a basic PC
with a tuner and a video card).  A little complexity
is OK but we will have to discuss your configuration
to see if it is a suitable candidate.

So, if anyone is up for a trial MythTV install please
directly.  Please give it a try! Thanks!

http://amicus.sourceforge.net

http://sourceforge.net/projects/amicus

Andrew Lynch

PS, I prefer to do any support and/or walk throughs on
the amicus project page mailing list or forum rather
than hashing it out here on mythtv-users.  This is a
great list but too much lot of back and forth here is
just confusing and difficult to track.