[mythtv-users] AMICUS 0.02 is out, still looking for testers

frank kokot fkokot at look.ca
Mon Feb 20 02:03:31 UTC 2006

Andrew Lynch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last night I released AMICUS version 0.02 and it
> includes a lot of new features and bug fixes.  You can
> see the freshmeat.net page with changelog from here:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/amicus
>
> Although AMICUS is intended to help new users with
> older hardware, I would greatly appreciate some
> experienced volunteers to help test.  If you are an
> MythTV/Linux user with a working PVR I would
> definitely appreciate some feedback the new release.
> All you need is either a blank HD or empty partition.
> AMICUS should not disturb your existing configuration
> but I recommend doing any testing on your "test" and
> not your "production" PVR.
>
> Even if are new to MythTV/Linux and have had problems
> getting MythTV to work on your PC, let's discuss your
> situation as it may benefit us both for a detailed
> walk-through of your MythTV install.  If previous
> attempts have been unsuccessful, then you have nothing
> to lose by giving AMICUS a try.
>
> I will personally help you get your system working as
> best I can.  Please bear in mind AMICUS is still quite
> new and hardware support is limited so I am primarily
> interested in basic PVR configurations (ie, a basic PC
> with a tuner and a video card).  A little complexity
> is OK but we will have to discuss your configuration
> to see if it is a suitable candidate.
>
> So, if anyone is up for a trial MythTV install please
> directly.  Please give it a try! Thanks!
>
> http://amicus.sourceforge.net
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/amicus
>
> Andrew Lynch
>
> PS, I prefer to do any support and/or walk throughs on
> the amicus project page mailing list or forum rather
> than hashing it out here on mythtv-users.  This is a
> great list but too much lot of back and forth here is
> just confusing and difficult to track.

I am newbie to myth tv and am willing to install/test/debug mythtv
software/components - help with debugging, etc.,  in exchange for
guidance. I have just purchased Gateway 818GM media centre PC and have
it running under - yea - M$ Windowse XP 2005. It does work, but of
course I want it running under Linux or BSD or OS/2... I have various
'older' PC's back to '486's. I have 'several' years
programming/hardware/telecomm exper., amongst others. This noob to the
toob is willing to help

fkokot at look.ca