[mythtv-users] 0.19 Ubuntu Packages

Dan Gapinski ashembers at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 18 04:08:42 UTC 2006

When I run apt-build install mythtv, I run into
trouble, getting the  following output:

make[1]: Entering directory
`/var/cache/apt-build/build/mythtv-0.19'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.
Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/var/cache/apt-build/build/mythtv-0.19'
make: [clean] Error 2 (ignored)
find . -name '.qmake*' | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm -f
rm -f config.mak config.h
rm -rf debian/shlibs.local
dh_clean
 debian/rules build
dh_testdir
if [ $PWD != ${PWD#/usr} ]; then \
        echo "You must not build this package under
/usr due to Debian bug #180240" >&2; \
        exit 1; \
fi
./configure --prefix=/usr \
        --cpu=i486 --tune=pentium4 --enable-mmx \
        --enable-lirc \
        --enable-audio-alsa \
        --enable-audio-oss \
        --enable-audio-jack \
        --enable-audio-arts \
        --enable-opengl-vsync \
        --enable-dvb \
        --dvb-path=/usr/include \
        --enable-firewire \
        --enable-ivtv \
        --enable-joystick-menu
ERROR: CPU specific ./configure options failed compile
test
       Removing CPU specific compilation options.
(-mcpu=i486 -mtune=pentium4)

big/little test failed
error, no memalign() but sse enabled, either disable
it or use --enable-memalign-hack
make: *** [config.mak] Error 1

Any thoughts? I get the same when trying to build from
source. I'm running an Athlon XP CPU under an i386
install of Ubuntu 6.10. I installed apt-build to
optimize for Athlon XP, and now am wondering if that
was a dumb move. Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot,
Dan